About the programme
This programme is a four-year intensive degree that focuses on the fundamentals of computer programming and networking similar to Computer Science Engineering. During the course of the programme, students will get to learn extensively about computation, algorithms, programming languages, programme design, computer software, computer hardware, etc with more focus on data analytics. It enables our students to gain an in-depth insight into the field, as they learn to investigate, collect, categorize, store, and disseminate information.
- Semesters: 8
- Credits: 175
- Start date: 1 August, 2020
- Eligibility: PUC or an equivalent with a minimum 45% overall grade and 60% subject-wise grade in physics, chemistry, and mathematics.
Students with a diploma degree can enter III semester of the programme.
- Semesters: 6
- Duration: 3 Years
- Eligibility: Students must earn 135 credits to qualify for the degree
- Familiarise students with the latest developments in the IT sector
- Help students apply their theoretical knowledge to the real-world
- Encourage students to participate in international and national level events and community development activities
- Model students to be global citizens, while giving a local perspective of the discipline
- Provide access to industry links for internships and employment opportunities
- Encourage the spirit of entrepreneurship among students
- Develop state-of-the-art research facilities to promote innovation in the field
- Analog and Digital Electronics Lab
- Data Structures Lab
- Microcontroller and Embedded Systems Lab
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms Laboratory
(PROMOTION / ELIGIBILITY TO HIGHER SEMESTERS / CLASSES)
There shall be no restriction for promotion from odd semester to the even semester, provided the student fulfills the attendance requirement.
A. Vertical progression in case of students admitted to the first year:
A student with CGPA ≥ 5.00 at the end of the first academic year and has no ‘F’ grade or has not more than four ‘F’ grades in the first two semesters of the programme shall be eligible to move to II year
- A student with CGPA ≥ 5.00 at the end of the second academic year and has no ‘F’ grade or has not more than four ‘F’ grades in four semesters ( I and II years) shall be eligible to move to III year
- A student with CGPA ≥ 5.00 at the end of the third academic year, and has earned all the prescribed credits of I year, and has no ‘F’ grade or has not more than four ‘F’ grades in the four semesters of II and III years shall be eligible to move to IV year
B. A student shall also be eligible for the first time, with a warning to move to higher odd semester, if he/she has failed to secure a minimum CGPA = 5.00 at the end of any academic year
C. For the award of degree, a CGPA ≥ 5.00 at the end of the programme shall be mandatory
Areas of expertise: Image Processing, Pattern Recognition, Machine Learning, Deep learning and Data Mining
Experience: 23 years
Date of joining: 31-08-2020
Email ID: email@example.com
International Journals: 11
National Journals: 02
International Conference: 05
International Conference: 06
List of Publications
International Refereed Journals:
- Dr. Prathima Guruprasad, Dr. Guruprasad, “An Accurate and Robust Handwritten Nandinagari Recognition System”, ICTACT Journal on Image and Video Processing, Vol 10, Issue 3, Feb 2020
- Dr. Prathima Guruprasad, Dr. Guruprasad, “Nandinagari Palm Leaf Word Image Retrieval System”, ICTACT Journal on Image and Video Processing, Vol 10, Issue 2, Nov 2019
- Dr. Prathima Guruprasad, Dr. Jharna Majumdar, “Cognitive Confluence in Handwritten Nandinagari Character Recognition”, International Journal Of Mind, Brain & Cognition, Vol. 9, NO. 1-2 Jan-Dec 2018
- Dr. Prathima Guruprasad, Dr. Jharna Majumdar, “Machine Learning of Handwritten Nandinagari Characters using VLAD Vectors”, ICTACT Journal on Image and Video Processing, Vol 8, Issue 2, Nov 2017
- Dr. Prathima Guruprasad, Dr. Jharna Majumdar, “Optimal Clustering Technique for Handwritten Nandinagari Character Recognition“ , International Journal of Computer Applications Technology and Research(IJCATR), Volume 6–Issue 5, 213-223, ISSN: 2319-8656 (Online), May 2017
- Dr. Prathima Guruprasad, Dr. Jharna Majumdar, “Handwritten Nandinagari Image Retrieval System Based On Machine Learning Approach Using Bag of Visual Words“, International Journal Of Current Engineering And Scientific Research (IJCESR), Volume-4, Issue-4, 163 – 168, ISSN (Print): 2393-8374, (Online): 2394-0697, April 2017
- Dr. Prathima Guruprasad, Dr. Jharna Majumdar, ” Achieving Premier Invariance to Scale and Rotation for Nandinagari Character Recognition by Comparing Multi Moment Features “, Elsevier B.V., http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.procs.2016.07.290, Volume 93, Pages 564–570, 2016
- Dr. Prathima Guruprasad, Guruprasad, “Handwritten Devanagari Word Recognition using Robust Invariant Feature Transforms”, IEEE Publication, 2015, DOI: 10.1109/ICATCCT.2015.7456904, Electronic ISBN: 978-1-4673-9223-5, USB ISBN: 978-1-4673-9222-8, 21 April 2016
- Dr. Prathima Guruprasad, Dr. Jharna Majumdar, “Multimodal Recognition Framework: An Accurate and Powerful Nandinagari Handwritten Character recognition Model“, Elsevier B.V., ttp://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.procs.2016.06.069, Volume 89, Pages 836–844, 2016
- Dr. Prathima Guruprasad, “Robust Handwritten Devanagari word Identification Using Scale Invariant Feature Transforms”, McGraw-Hill Publication, March 2015
- Dr. Prathima Guruprasad, Guruprasad, “A Survey Of Nandinagari Manuscript Recognition System”, IJST, ISSN (online): 2250-141X Vol. 1 Issue 1, Nov 2011
National Refereed Journals:
- Dr. Prathima Guruprasad, Amith H R, Harsha D, “Matching of Handwritten Devanagari words using SIFT Invariant Features”, AEIJST- Vol3 Issue 10 ISSN 2348-6732, Oct 2015
- Dr. Prathima Guruprasad, Dr. Jharna Majumdar, Guruprasad, “Feature Extraction and Classification Techniques for Handwritten Nandinagari Vowels”, Anusandhan Journal, Vol 2 Issue 1, December 2013
International Refereed Conferences:
- Dr. Prathima Guruprasad, Sanjay Shankar , Shreyas S, Tilak J, Vyshak S Kumar, “Automated Segmentation Of Handwritten Devanagari Scripts”, International Conference on ICCSTAR , City Engg. College, Bengaluru, IJCEA , April 2016
- Dr. Prathima Guruprasad, Vijayalakshmi B, “Grouping Of Similar Handwritten Devanagari Scripts Using Different Distance Measures For Grid Based Approach”, International Conference on ICCSTAR, City Engg. College, Bengaluru, IJSCE, Vol 3 Issue 9 E-ISSN P2347– 26 Volume-3, Issue-9 E-ISSN: 2347-2693, April 2016
- Divya C P, K.C.Gowda, Harshitha Prabhudev, Dr. Prathima Guruprasad, “Multi-Source Observation and Modelling For Climate Studies”, International Conference on ICRET, BTL , Bengaluru, April 2016
- Dr. Prathima Guruprasad, Dr. Jharna Majumdar, Guruprasad , “Scale Invariant Feature Extraction Techniques For Handwritten Nandinagri Vowels”, 3rd international conference on CCSN, Puri, Odisha, Dec 2014
- Dr. Prathima Guruprasad, Guruprasad, “An Intelligent Prediction Model For Identifying Target Customers”, 3rd international conference on CCSN, Dec 2014, Puri, Odisha, Special Issue in IJCAES ISSN: 2231-4946 Volume V, Jan 2015
National Refereed Conferences:
- Dr. Prathima Guruprasad, Kushal S, Manjesh T N, Meghana L, Monisha C, “Variety threshod Treatment For Handwritten Devanagari Words“, 3rd National Conference at BMSIT, Bengaluru, June 2016
- Dr. Prathima Guruprasad, Pragati. M. K, Ramyashree. B, Shetty Prajwala Kushala, Shruthi. S, “Overview Of Different Clustering Techniques In Data Mining“, NCRTIT, BMSITM, Bengaluru, June 2016
- Dr. Prathima Guruprasad, Poorvitha.H.R, Ranjitha.S, Sowmya.S, Swathi.G, Shwetha.M, “Classification Of Handwritten Devanagari Scripts Using Support Vector Machine“, NCRTIT, BMSITM, Bengaluru, June 2016
- Dr. Prathima Guruprasad, Sunanda H.G, Shruthi N , Smruthi D Jadhav, Sushmita S.V, Zareena Arfath, “Identification Of Handwritten Devanagari Script Using Artificial Neural Network Approach”, 11th National Conference on Recent Trends in CSE ,SJBIT, May 2016
- Dr. Prathima Guruprasad, Kushal S, Manjesh T N, “Overview Of Different Thresholding Methods In Image Processing”, TEQIP Sponsored 3rd National Conference on ETACC, GCEB , Krishnagiri, March 2016
- Dr. Prathima Guruprasad, Tara D, “Image Fusion Scheme for Multi Resolution Images Based on Wavelet Transform“, 2nd National conference on NCIETET, Published in Anna University Journal, PIT, Chennai, May 2015
Awards and Key Contributions:
- Published a Patent titled “Method and System for Identifying Nandinagari Character in a Test Input”, for the year 2020
- Received Rs. 30.00Lakhs VGST grant in Centre of Innovative Science and Engineering Education (CISEE) for the Project “Word image identification for handwritten scripts using data visualization”, for the year 2014-15
- Proposed identification of Nandinagari hand written scripts – First of its kind. Papers published are cited in Proposal to encode the Nandinagari script in Unicode, Department of Linguistics, University of California, Berkeley, California, U.S.A., January 1, 2016
- Moodle Coordination – complete set up of Moodle – login creation for faculties and students, course creation, forming cohorts, site administration
Research Paper Reviewer:
- Program committee of ICICC – 2020, Research paper reviewer for Springer Conference
- 2nd International Conference on Machine Learning and Intelligent Systems (MLIS2020) Oct. 2020, Seoul, Republic of Korea
- The Journal on Machine Vision and Applications, Springer
- The Indian Journal of Science and Technology
- FDP Resource Person at Two Day Workshop On Research And Publication Ethics held from 5 th – 6th August – 2020 at DSU, Bengaluru on topic : Software Tools, Databases and Research Metrics
- FDP Resource Person at Research Perspective in Futuristic Computing Technologies held from 6th to 10th July – 2020 at DSU, Bengaluru on topic : Computer Vision
- IEEE Technical Talk at UVCE, Bengaluru – March 5, 2019 on topic: Machine Learning Approaches for Image Processing
- Workshop on Emerging Trends In Image & Video Processing at NMIT, Bangalore-Jan 21-25, 2013 on topic: Feature Extraction and Classification methods for Nandinagari Scripts
- Researchers Conclave on Machine learning &Computational Intelligence at AIT, Coimbatore from Sept 07-8, 2012 on topic: Nandinagari Handwritten Character Recognition System
International Journals : 03
International Conference : 03
National Conference : 03
List of Publications:
International refereed journals:
- Dr. M S Patel, ; S C Linga Reddy, “An Intelligent System Approach for Handwritten Kannada Word Recognition” i-manager’s Journal on Pattern Recognition; Nagercoil, 2, issue. 1, (Mar-May 2015): 10-15.
- Dr. M S Patel, , Rohith Kumar , S.C. Linga Reddy, “Offline Kannada Handwritten Word Recognition Using Locality Preserving Projection (LPP) for Feature Extraction” International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology (An ISO 3297: 2007 Certified Organization), vol. 4, issue 7, July 2015.
- Dr. M S Patel, , Rohith Kumar , S.C. Linga Reddy, ”Offline Kannada Handwritten Word Recognition Using Support Vector Machines (SVM)”, ISSN 2348-1196 (print) International Journal of Computer Science and Information Technology Research ISSN 2348-120X (online), vol. 3, issue 2, pp: (936-942), Month: April – June 2015, Available at: www.researchpublish.com
- Dr. M S Patel, Sanjay Linga Reddy, “An impact of grid based approach in offline handwritten Kannada word recognition” IEEE International Conference on Computing, Communications and Informatics (IC3I), Mysore, 2014, pp. 630-633.
- Dr. M S Patel, S.C. Linga Reddy, “An Intelligent System Approach for Handwritten Kannada Word Recognition” i-manager’s Journal on Pattern Recognition, 2(1),10-15. https://doi.org/10.26634/jpr.2.1.3371
Dr. M S Patel, krupashankari.S.sandyal, “offline handwritten kannada word recognition”, proceedings of 07th IRF International Conference, 22nd June-2014, Bengaluru, India, ISBN: 978-93-84209-29-2
Areas of expertise: Computer Networks, Machine Learning, Data Science, Wireless Sensor Networks, Network Security, and Python Programming Language.
Experience: 16 years
Date of joining: 01/09/2020
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
National Conference : 08
International Journals :12
International Conference: 05
Book Chapter :02
List of Publications:
International refereed journals:
- Gautam R ,Akshay G J , Dhavan R , Amika Kumawat, Dr A. Ajina, glotz“Speeches Oriented Virtual Restaurant Clerk using Web Speech API and Natural Language Processing“, International Journal Of Engineering Research & Technology (Ijert), vol.09, issue 05, pp.906-910 ,May 2020.
- Prerana J R, SwadiKorattiparambil, V S Tanmayee, Vaishnavi Ashokan, and Dr A. Dr A. Ajina, “Indian sign Language Recognition System Using Deep Learning and Machine Learning Algorithms”, Compliance Engineering Journal 11 (6), pp. 400-407,2020.
- Dr A. Ajina, and Ujwalkumar,” Email Spoofing & Backlashes“International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering (IJITEE) ISSN: 2278-3075, vol.8 issue-11, September 2019, Retrieval Number J93100881019/2019©BEIESP DOI: 10.35940/ijitee. J9310.0981119
- Dr A. Ajina,and Mydhili K Nair, “A Robust Fault-Tolerant and QoS Centric Routing Protocol for Mobile-WMSNs: FTQ-RPM “, Indian Journal of Science and Technology, vol 11(41), DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2018/v11i41/130331, November 2018, ISSN (Print): 0974-6846 ISSN (Online): 0974-5645
- Dr A. Ajina,and Mydhili K Nair, “Dynamic Network State Learning Model for Mobility Based WMSN Routing Protocol“,International Journal of Communication Networks and Information Security (IJCNIS), ISSN: 2076-0930 (Print) ISSN: 2073-607X (Online) vol. 10, no. 2, Aug 2018, pp 266-278.
- Dr A. Ajina, and Mydhili K Nair, “Cross Layered Network Condition Aware Mobile-Wireless Multimedia Sensor Network Routing Protocol for Mission Critical Communication “,International Journal of Communication Networks andInformation Security (IJCNIS)ISSN: 2076-0930 (Print) ISSN: 2073-607X v 9, no. 1, April 2017, pp:95-103,Scopus Journal, Q3.
- Ashwini Pillai, Anurag Kumar and Dr A. Ajina,“Survey of Network Security in Mobile Ad-Hoc Network “,IOSR Journal of Computer Engineering (IOSR-JCE), e-ISSN: 2278-0661, p-ISSN: 2278-8727, vol.18, issue 5, Ver. III (Sep. – Oct. 2016), Page no 29-36.
- Dr A. Ajina, and Mydhili K Nair, “A Study of QoS algorithm for Wireless Multimedia Sensor Networks“, International Journal of Computer Science Engineering (IJCSE), ISSN: 2319-7323, vol. 4, no.04, Jul 2015, pp: 203-207
- Tejeswara Raju V, Vineeth V, Sneha R, Suhas Chadha, Dr A. Ajina,“Survey of Routing Protocols in MANET“, International Journal Of Engineering And Computer Science ISSN:2319-7242, vol.4, issue 7, July 2015, pp:13243-13250
- Tejeswar Raju, V Vineeth, V Sneha Raju and Dr A. Ajina,“Comparison of MANET and sensor in Ad Hoc Network “, International journal of Computer Technology and applications, ISSN: 2229-6093, vol.6, issue 2, Mar-April 2015, page no: 340-346
- Nikhil Mascarenhas , Pradeep G , Manish Agrawal , Subash P , and Dr A. Ajina, “A Proposed Model For Traffic Signal Preemption Using Global Positioning System (GPS)“, Computer Science & Information Technology,3,no.4, Publication : AIRCC DOI: 10. 5121/csit.2013.342, ISSN: 2231-5403 ISBN: 978-1-921987-09-0. Cited by:13
- Dr A. Dr A. Ajina, “Energy Efficient, Power Aware Routing Algorithm for Sensor Network “,International Journal of Computer Theory and Engineering (IJCTE) Article no: 297, February 2011, vol.3, no1, ISSN:1793-8201, Cited by:10
- P. Indumathi, Dr A. Ajina,” Generating Feasible Path Between Path Testing and Data Flow Testing”,. Lecture Notes on Data Engineering and Communications Technologiesbook series, Evolutionary Computing and Mobile Sustainable Networks Proceedings of ICECMSN 2020, Springer, vol. 53, pp 325-335.
- Sucharith P., Suprith K. P., Ujwal Kasturi and Ajina” A,Book Titled: Fuzzy Expert Systems and Applications in AgriculturalDiagnosis Chapter 4: Applications of Fuzzy Expert Systems in Farming”,Publisher: IGI Global, July 2019, ISBN13: 9781522591757, ISBN10: 1522591753, EISBN13: 9781522591771, DOI: 10.4018/978-1-5225-9175-7
- P. Indumathi, Dr A. Ajina,” Generating Feasible Path Between Path Testing and Data Flow Testing”The International Conference on Evolutionary Computing and Mobile Sustainable Networks (ICECMSN 2020), Sir M. Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology, Bangalore, India on 20-21, Feb 2020.
- Dr A. Ajina, Ujwalkumar “Email Spoofing and Backlashes and Energy and Sustainability”, International conference on Technology Convergence in Engineering, 11th and 12th July, 2019, India.
- Pradyumna K.R, Dr A. Ajina, “Supervised and Unsupervised Algorithms for Handwritten Digit Recognitioin”,9th International Conference on Recent Engineering and Technology on 5th May 2019, organized by Organisation of science & innovative Engineering and technology Chennai, India, in association with New Horizion college of Engineering, Bangalore, India.
- Yashawini K P, Nisha Rani, Varshajadhav and Dr A. Dr A. Ajina, “ABOPI: Authentication by bringing own picture/image,”IEEE International Conference On Recent Trends in Electronics Information Communication Technology, organized by the Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering, SVCE, Bangalore, India, May 19-20, 2017 IEEE XPLORE ISBN:978-1-5090-3704-9.
- Dr A. Ajina,GR Sakthidharan and Kanchan M Miskin,”Study of Energy Efficient, Power Aware Routing Algorithm and Their Applications”, The 2nd International Conference on Machine Learning and Computing (ICMLC 2010), 9 – 10, February 2010, Bangalore, India, Cited by:10.
- Dr A. Ajina, and Mydhili K Nair, “Survey on energy issues and quality of service in Wireless Multimedia Sensor network,”Recent Advancement in Computer Science and Engineering (RACE16), 27th February 2016 Organized by Bethlehem Institute of Engineering, Nagercoil, Tamil Nadu.
- Dr A. Ajina, and Mydhili K Nair,” A survey on Energy-Efficient QoS Aware Algorithm for Wireless Multimedia Sensor Networks”,8th National Woman’s Science Congress, 7-8th November 2015Organised by MatruVedike (Women Scientists Forum), Bangalore, Karnataka.
- Dr A. Ajina, “An overview of the routing protocols in wireless sensor networks – A survey”, in Computing Technologies and Trends, 20th& 21st Mar 2013 organized by R L J I T, Bangalore.
- Nikhil Mascarenhas , Pradeep G , Subash P , and Dr A. Ajina , “The Vehicle Routing problem- Various Heuristic Algorithms”, Frontiers in Virtualization and computing technology, 4th& 5th Oct 2012, M V J College of Engineering, Bangalore.
- Dr A. Ajina and GR Sakthidharan, “Energy and Power aware routing protocol for MANET” NCRACCG-10, held on 8th and 9th Apr 2010organized by Hindustan college of engineering, Coimbatore.
- Dr A. Ajina and GR Sakthidharan, “Comparison of power aware metric in Dynamic Source Routing “, Recent Application in Communication, Networking & Power System. 28th and 29th of Apr 2010, Adhiman College of Engineering, Hosur, Tamil Nadu.
- Dr A. Ajina and GR Sakthidharan, “Energy Efficient, Power aware Routing Algorithm in Mobile ADHOC Network “, National Conference on Advanced Computing and Wireless Networks, 30th Apr 2010, HKBK college Bangalore.
Dr A. Ajina and GR Sakthidharan, “Integrating Energy Aware and Power Management schemes in MANET “, NACONT-10, 31st Mar 2010 in Dr.PaulsEngg., college, Villupuram, Tamil Nadu.
Areas of expertise: Machine Learning, Image Processing, Data Analytics
Teaching experience: 9 years
Research experience: 1 year
Date of joining: 1 July, 2019
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
National Conference :
International Journals :01
International Conference: 05
List of Publications:
International refereed journals:
- Mr. Deepak D.J., Keerthi Prasad G, Imran Khan and Naveen R Chanukotimath. “Dvadasham (Dodeca) Edge Filter for Impulse Noise, Gaussian Noise, Quantum Noise Reduction in Images”, International Journal of advanced Computer Technology- COMPUSOFT,II, issue. 7, ISSN: 2320-0790, pp. 204-209, July 2013
- Alwyn Roshan Pais, Mr. Deepak D.J., B. R. Chandavarkar. “Protection against Denial of Service and Input Manipulation Vulnerabilities in Service Oriented Architecture”, Of R V Institute of Technology and Management Department of Computer Science and Engineering Advances in Network Security and Applications Communications in Computer and Information Science, vol. 196, issue. 1, pp.331-343, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-642-22540-6_32. ISBN 978-3-642-22539-0, 2011.
- Keerthi Prasad G, Imran Khan, Naveen R Chanukotimath, Firoz Khan and Mr. Deepak D.J..“Statistical Analysis of PCA and DTW for Kannada online handwritten character recognition For Handheld Devices”, of ICRASE-15, Bangalore, India, pp. 26-27, ISRASE ISBN: 978-93-84935-32-0,2015
- Naveen R Chanukotimath, Feroz Khan, Keerthi Prasad G, Imran Khan, and Mr. Deepak D.J..“A Survey on Performance Evaluation of various Image Filters for Gaussian Noise and Quantum Noise”, of ICRASE-15, Bangalore, India, pp. 27-28, ISRASE ISBN: 978-93-84935-32-0, 2015.
- Sandeep G S, Sunil Kumar B S, and Mr. Deepak D.J.. “An Efficient Lossless Compression Using Double Huffman Minimum Variance Encoding Technique”, of iCATccT 2015, IEEE Bangalore Section, India, Oct 29-30, 2015.
- Sandeep GS, Sunil Kumar BS, Mamatha GS, Deepak DJ, “A survey of optimization of Rate Distortion Techniques for H.264 Scalable Video Coding”, Springer Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing Series, 8th April, 2016.
Raghudathesh G P, Mr. Deepak D.J., Keerthi Prasad G, “IoT Based Intelligent PoultryManagement System Using Linux Embedded System”, Proc. of International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics (ICACCI), Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT), Manipal University, Manipal, Karnataka, India, 13th -16th Sept 2017.