About the programme
This programme is a four-year intensive degree that focuses on the fundamentals of computer programming and networking similar to Computer Science Engineering. During the course of the programme, students will get to learn extensively about computation, algorithms, programming languages, programme design, computer software, computer hardware, etc with more focus on data analytics. It enables our students to gain an in-depth insight into the field, as they learn to investigate, collect, categorize, store, and disseminate information.
- Semesters: 8
- Credits: 175
- Start date: 1 August, 2020
- Eligibility: PUC or an equivalent with a minimum 45% overall grade and 60% subject-wise grade in physics, chemistry, and mathematics.
Students with a diploma degree can enter III semester of the programme.
- Semesters: 6
- Duration: 3 Years
- Eligibility: Students must earn 135 credits to qualify for the degree
- Familiarise students with the latest developments in the IT sector
- Help students apply their theoretical knowledge to the real-world
- Encourage students to participate in international and national level events and community development activities
- Model students to be global citizens, while giving a local perspective of the discipline
- Provide access to industry links for internships and employment opportunities
- Encourage the spirit of entrepreneurship among students
- Develop state-of-the-art research facilities to promote innovation in the field
- Analog and Digital Electronics Lab
- Data Structures Lab
- Microcontroller and Embedded Systems Lab
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms Laboratory
(PROMOTION / ELIGIBILITY TO HIGHER SEMESTERS / CLASSES)
There shall be no restriction for promotion from odd semester to the even semester, provided the student fulfills the attendance requirement.
A. Vertical progression in case of students admitted to the first year:
A student with CGPA ≥ 5.00 at the end of the first academic year and has no ‘F’ grade or has not more than four ‘F’ grades in the first two semesters of the programme shall be eligible to move to II year
- A student with CGPA ≥ 5.00 at the end of the second academic year and has no ‘F’ grade or has not more than four ‘F’ grades in four semesters ( I and II years) shall be eligible to move to III year
- A student with CGPA ≥ 5.00 at the end of the third academic year, and has earned all the prescribed credits of I year, and has no ‘F’ grade or has not more than four ‘F’ grades in the four semesters of II and III years shall be eligible to move to IV year
B. A student shall also be eligible for the first time, with a warning to move to higher odd semester, if he/she has failed to secure a minimum CGPA = 5.00 at the end of any academic year
C. For the award of degree, a CGPA ≥ 5.00 at the end of the programme shall be mandatory
Areas of expertise: Image processing, signal processing, and database management systems
Teaching experience: 20 years
Research experience: 7 years
Date of joining: July 1, 2019
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Work and Publications
- Deepak N. A. and Dr. U. N. Sinha, “Analysis of Human Gait for Person Identification and Human Action Recognition “, International Journal on Communications and Applied Electronics (CAE), vol. 4, no. 4, 2016.
- Deepak N. A. and Dr. U. N. Sinha, “Topic Model for Person Identification using Gait Sequence Analysis “, International Journal on Computer Applications (IJCA), vol. 133, no. 7, 2016.
- Deepak N. A. and Dr. U. N. Sinha, “Silhouette Based Human Motion Detection and Recognizing their Actions from the Captured Video Streams“, International Journal of Advance Networking and Applications (IJANA), vol. 2, Issue. 5, pp. 817-823, 2011.
- Deepak N. A. and Dr. U. N. Sinha, “Performance Evaluation of Sequential and Parallel Mining of Association Rules “, International Journal of Advance Networking and Applications (IJANA), vol. 2, Issue. 01, pp. 458-463, 2010.
- Deepak N. A., and Dr. U. N. Sinha, “Gait Sequence Analysis for Person Identification”, Proc. of IEEE National Conference on Computer Vision, Pattern Recognition, Image Processing and Graphics (NCVPRIPG 2013), IIT Jodhpur, 18th – 21st Dec 2013.
- Deepak N. A., “Image Dimension Reduction and Transmission Over Noisy Communication Using Independent Component Analysis”, Proc. of National Conference on Frontiers of Computer Science and Technology, (FCST’-12) at Rajarajeshwari College of Engineering, Bengaluru on 14th February 2012.
- Deepak N. A., and Puttegowda D, “Performance evaluation of Sequential and Parallel Mining of Association Rules using Apriori Algorithm”, Proc. of National Conference on Emerging Trends in Information Technology (NCETIT 2012) at Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Bengaluru, on 3rd -5th May 2012.
- Deepak N. A., and Dr. U. N. Sinha, “Human Motion Detection and Action Recognition”, of National Conference on Emerging Trends in Information and Technology (NCETIT-2011) at Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Bengaluru, on 10th – 12th March 2011. This paper was selected as the best paper of the conference.
- Deepak N A, “Neural Network-based Human Pose Tracking and Identification of Walking Styles Using Multiple Views”, Proc. of National Conference on Information Science & Technology, Center for Information Science & Technology Manasagangotri, Mysuru, on 25th November 2009.
- Deepak N. A., and Dr. U. N. Sinha, “Cluster-based Human Action Recognition using LDA”, Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Circuits, Controls & Communications (CCUBE-2013), R.N.S. Institute of Technology, Bengaluru, on 27th – 28th December 2013. This paper was awarded as the best paper of the conference.
- Deepak N. A., and Dr. U. N. Sinha, “Recognizing Human Actions for Surveillance from the Video Streams”, of International Conference on Operational Excellence for Global Competitiveness (ICOEGC -2011), at R.V. College of Engineering, Bengaluru, on 3rd – 5th Feb 2011.
- Deepak N. A., “Robust Transmission of images over noisy channel using PCA and ICA”, Proc. of International Conference on Recent Trends in Soft Computing and Information Technology (RTSCIT’09), at Corporate Institute of Science and Technology, on 09th-10th January 2009, Bhopal, MP, India.
Areas of expertise: Machine learning and image processing
Teaching experience: 7 years
Research experience: 1 year
Date of joining: July 1, 2019
Email ID: email@example.com
Work and Publications
- Deepak D J, Keerthi Prasad G, Imran Khan and Naveen R Chanukotimath. “Dvadasham (Dodeca) Edge Filter for Impulse Noise, Gaussian Noise, Quantum Noise Reduction in Images”, International Journal of advanced Computer Technology- COMPUSOFT, vol. II, Issue. 7, ISSN: 2320-0790, pp. 204-209, July 2013
- Alwyn Roshan Pais, Deepak D J, B. R. Chandavarkar. “Protection against Denial of Service and Input Manipulation Vulnerabilities in Service Oriented Architecture”, of Advances in Network Security and Applications Communications in Computer and Information Science, vol. 196, Issue. 1, pp.331-343, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-642-22540-6_32. ISBN 978-3-642-22539-0, 2011.
- Keerthi Prasad G, Imran Khan, Naveen R Chanukotimath, Firoz Khan and Deepak D J. “Statistical Analysis of PCA and DTW for Kannada online handwritten character recognition For Handheld Devices”, of ICRASE-15, Bangalore, India, pp. 26-27, ISRASE ISBN: 978-93-84935-32-0,2015
- Naveen R Chanukotimath, Feroz Khan, Keerthi Prasad G, Imran Khan, and Deepak D J. “A Survey on Performance Evaluation of various Image Filters for Gaussian Noise and Quantum Noise”, of ICRASE-15, Bangalore, India, pp. 27-28, ISRASE ISBN: 978-93-84935-32-0, 2015.
- Sandeep GS, Sunil Kumar BS, and Deepak DJ. “An Efficient Lossless Compression Using Double Huffman Minimum Variance Encoding Technique”, Proc. of iCATccT 2015, IEEE Bangalore Section, India, Oct 29-30, 2015.
- Sandeep GS, Sunil Kumar BS, Mamatha GS, Deepak DJ, “A survey of optimization of Rate Distortion Techniques for H.264 Scalable Video Coding”, Springer Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing Series, 8th April, 2016.
- Raghudathesh G P, Deepak D J, Keerthi Prasad G, “IoT Based Intelligent Poultry Management System Using Linux Embedded System”, of International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics (ICACCI), Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT), Manipal University, Manipal, Karnataka, India, 13-16 September, 2