About the programme
A Master of Computer Applications is a two-year postgraduate degree that focuses on programming and application development. During the course of the programme, students will get to learn extensively about algorithms, programming languages, databases, application development, data analytics, software testing, etc. This will empower them with the necessary skills to provide software solutions to domain-specific problems.
- Semesters: 4
- Credits: 100
- Start date: February 12th 2024 (Tentative)
- Passed BCA/ Bachelor Degree in Computer Science Engineering or equivalent Degree, OR Passed B.Sc./ B.Com./ B.A. with Mathematics at 10+2 level or at Graduation Level (with additional bridge Courses as per the norms of the concerned University). Obtained at least 50% marks (45% marks in case of candidates belonging to reserved category, applies to only Karnataka State Students) in the qualifying Examination.
- Equip the students with both theoretical and practical expertise to address real world problems.
- Execute real-time projects by utilizing industry-relevant programming and participating in internships.
- Promote student participation in national and international events
- Increase student engagement through short-term initiatives such as workshops, hackathons, and guest lectures by professionals in the field
- Inculcate research culture among faculty and students
- Improve student placements, encourage students with innovative ideas and promote entrepreneurial skills
- Achieve global recognition for the postgraduate program by maintaining high educational standards, fostering research, and establishing collaborations with renowned international institutions
- Build a faculty team possessing industry-specific expertise and academic exposure to develop competent professionals
- Set up Centre of Excellence and specialized labs to cater to the latest technologies.
- Develop R & D centre and consultancy activities of the department
- Build a strong and active alumni network
- Continuously adapting the curriculum to industry needs, nurturing entrepreneurship, and promoting a culture of innovation
- Data Structures with Algorithms Laboratory / 22MCAL16
- Computer Networks Laboratory / 22MCAL17
- DBMS Laboratory /22MCAL27
- Java Programming Laboratory / 22MCAL28
- Operating System Concepts Laboratory
- Web Technologies Laboratory
(PROMOTION / ELIGIBILITY TO HIGHER SEMESTERS / CLASSES)
1. There shall be no restriction for promotion from an odd semester to the next even semester, provided the student has fulfilled the attendance requirement.
2. i) Candidates, with a maximum of four backlog courses of first year shall be eligible for taking admission to second year.
ii) Each credit course shall be treated as a head of passing.
Eligibility for Passing and Award of Degree
A student with CGPA ≥ 5.00 at the end of the first academic year and has no ‘F’ grade or has not more than four ‘F’ grades in the first two semesters of the programme shall be eligible to move to II year
- A student who obtains any grade O to C shall be considered as passed and if a student secures F grade in any of the head of passing he/she has to reappear in that head for the SEE.
- A student shall be declared successful at the end of the Programme for the award of Degree only on obtaining CGPA ≥ 5.00, with none of the Courses remaining with F Grade.
- A student shall be declared to have completed the degree of Master of Computer Applications, provided the student has undergone the stipulated course work as per the regulations and has earned the prescribed Credits, as per the Scheme of Teaching and Examination, of the programme.
Maximum Duration for Programme Completion
A candidate shall be allowed a maximum duration of 4 years from the first semester of admission to become eligible for the award of the Degree, failing which he/she may discontinue the program or register once again as a fresh candidate to I semester.
For more details on regulations visit the link:
Areas of expertise: Information and Software Security, Blockchain, Big Data, ETL Tools, Machine Learning
Experience: 23 Years
Date of joining: 03.11.2023
Email ID: email@example.com
Dr. Mrunalini is working as Professor and Head in the Department of Master of Computer Applications, RV Institute of Technology and Management, Bangalore, India. Her areas of interests are Large Databases, ETL Processes, Information and Software Security and Big Data. She has 30+ publications in National and International Journals and Conferences. She has worked on various R&D projects. She was Co-Investigator for the Blockchain project “Development of a Prosumer Driven Integrated Smart Grid” funded by Department of Science and Technology (DST), India, Co-PI for the project “Machine Learning Techniques for Data Mining based Intrusion Detection Systems” funded by DRDO. She has complete consultancy projects for M. S. Ramaiah Memorial Hospital, AyurVaid Hospitals and few other private companies. She has been reviewer for various International Conferences and Journals. She is a consultant for a startup for Mobile & Web Applications Development and Data Analytics.
Areas of expertise: Distributed and Cloud Computing, Computer Networks, Operating Systems, Information Security, Cyber Security, Digital Forensics.
Experience: 10 Years Research and 21 Years Teaching
Date of joining: 16.11.2023
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Chethan Venkatesh joined RV Institute of Technology and Management (RVITM), Bengaluru in 2023. He is serving as Associate Professor in the Department of Master of Computer Applications. He received his Ph.D. in Computer and Information Sciences from the Computer Science and Engineering Department, Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belagavi in 2023, M.Phil in Computer Science from Bharathidasan University, Thruchirappali, MCA from Dr.AIT, Bengaluru. He has 21 years of Teaching and 10 years of Research experience. Prior to RVITM he has worked in MSRIT (2006-2023), SirMVIT(2004- 2006), and AMCEC(2002-2004). He is a member of IEEE, life member of ISTE, CSI and IAENG.
Areas of expertise: Cyber Security , Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
Experience:9 Years Research and 18 Years Teaching
Date of joining: 01.12.2023
Email ID: email@example.com
Dr. N. Kumaresh currently holds the position of Associate Professor in the Department of Computer Applications (MCA) at RV Institute of Technology and Management (RVITM) in Bengaluru. He boasts over 18 years of experience in both teaching and research, demonstrating expertise in advanced areas of computer science such as Cyber Security Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning,. He has made significant research contributions, having published more than 20 research articles in reputed national and international journals and conferences. Additionally, he is an active member of esteemed professional bodies like ISTE, CSI, IAENG, and the Internet Society. Dr. N. Kumaresh obtained his Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (B.Sc) and Master’s in Computer Applications (M.C.A) from Bharathiar University- Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, in 2003 and 2006 respectively. He also earned an M.Phil in Computer Science from Periyar University -Salem, Tamil Nadu, in 2007. His academic career began as a Lecturer in the Department of MCA at Sri Ramakrishna Institute of Technology in Coimbatore in 2006, and he was later promoted to Assistant Professor in 2011, where he served for 14 years until 2020. Dr. Kumaresh furthered his education by completing a Master’s M.E in Software Engineering from Anna University in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, in 2010. In 2020, he obtained his Ph.D. with a thesis titled “Investigation and analysis of automated job knowledge Ontology construction with reduced overhead and time complexity “from the same university. He served as the Professor and Head of the Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Department at Dr. N.G.P Institutions in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu from 2020 to 2023. His dedication to the field is evident through his recognition as a research supervisor in the computer science stream under Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, where he guides and mentors the next generation of researchers.
Areas of expertise: Data Structure, Java Technologies, Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Web Technologies.
Experience: 14 Years into Teaching and 6 Years into Industry
Date of joining: 04.12.2023
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
I am very much committed towards student understanding of the subject matter which they can apply in their personal life and professional career. Also, I make sure that they are well versed with the concepts and practices of computer language & its applications which will yield them a better career. I have done MCA from BMSCE, VTU and pursuing PhD from Presidency University, Bangalore. Having good experience in both teaching & IT industry. Proficient in Core Java, JDBC, Servlet, JSP, Java Beans, Struts, Web services and in Web Technologies HTML, CSS and Bootstrap. Exposure in development tools like Eclipse & Net Beans.Experience in working with SQL, Oracle databases & servers like Tomcat, Glassfish & Web logic.
Areas of expertise: Block chain Technology, Software Testing, Data Mining and Data warehousing, programming & analyzing.
Experience: 7.8 years Teaching & 1.8 years Company
Date of joining: 14.02.2024
Email ID: email@example.com
I Shruthi M G working as Assistant Professor, MCA Department at RV Institute of Technology and Management (RVITM). Currently pursuing my PhD under VTU part time, Completed PG MCA from BMSIT college. Worked in IBM India Pvt. Ltd. As associate System Engineer in AT & T account and IKEA account in the field of development. Worked in Om Sai College as lecturer for 3 years teaching UG Students. Worked in mLAC as Assistant Professor for 4.8 years. Certified in Software Testing and core Java from QSpiders. Have published 3 Research Papers in national and International Conferences IJSER, IJSRCSEIT and Springer CCIS.