Department of Physics
Engineering physics is a common subject in the first year for all branches of engineering under Visvesvaraya Technological University. Department has very good infrastructure, well equipped spacious laboratory. The department teaches Engineering Physics theory as well as laboratory experiments for all the Engineering branches. Faculties are well qualified, experienced and highly motivated and also involved in interdisciplinary research activities.
Areas of expertise: Crystal Growth, Nonlinear optics, Nanomaterials
Teaching experience: 31 years
Research experience: 10 Years
Date of joining: July 1, 2019
Email ID: Sureshkumarmr.email@example.com
Dr. Suresh Kumar M R has joined R V Institute of Technology and Management on 1st July 2019 as Associate Professor and Head of the Department of Physics. My teaching experience of 31 years include 10 years as Professor & Head at different reputed Institutions affiliated to VTU. I am a member of the doctoral committee of VTU and Karunya University, Coimbatore. At present I am supervising 4 research scholars for PhD under VTU Belgaum and one scholar has been awarded PhD under VTU in 2019. I have worked as BOE member of VTU Physics board for the academic years 2012-2013 and 2013-14 and Chairman of BOE, VTU Physics board in the year 2015-2016. I have organized 3 National conferences and 2 science project exhibitions.
Work and Publications
No.of Journals: 16
No.of Conferences: 21
Areas of expertise: Synthesis and Characterization of Metal Oxide Nanoparticles, Thin films, Ferrites, Glasses, Green synthesis of Metal Nanoparticles, Quantum Information and Quantum Computation
Teaching experience: 8 years
Research experience: 10 year
Date of joining: 1 July, 2019
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
I, Dr. Srinatha N, joined as Assistant Professor in Physics Department of R. V. Institute of Technology and Management, Bengaluru in July 2019. I have completed M. Sc. (2009) and Ph. D. (Full time, 2017) from Bangalore University, Bengaluru. I have secured Second Rank in M.Sc. Physics from Bangalore University (2009). I have 8 years of Teaching and 10 years of Research experience. I have published 20 research papers in International peer reviewed journals such as RSC Advances, Physica B, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, Journal of Luminescence, Materials Research Express, Optical Materials, Advanced Powder Technology, Journal of Electron Spectroscopy and Related Phenomena, etc. I have presented 20 papers in both national and international conferences. Also, I have attended over 19 workshops and conferences. I’m also a reviewer for Elsevier journals, namely, ‘Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology B: Biology, Journal of Nanostructure in Chemistry, Molecular Crystals and Liquid Crystals, Journal of King Saud University-Science, etc. My areas of research interest are Synthesis and Characterization of Metal Oxide Nanoparticles, Thin films, Ferrites, Glasses, Green synthesis of Metal Nanoparticles, Quantum Information and Quantum Computation.
For the list and details of the publications, please visit the below link “https://scholar.google.co.in/citations?user=mlwDAWwAAAAJ&hl=en”
Received Academic Achiever Award for the year 2019-2020 from Rashtreeya Sikshana Samithi (RSST), R. V. Educational Institutions.
No.of Conferences: 20
Department of Chemistry
Department of Chemistry started in the year 2019, has been teaching Engineering Chemistry at the first-year level for all branches of Engineering to give the fundamental knowledge and application of chemistry.
The Chemistry Department recline in an intellectual and physical catenation of the basic sciences and engineering. The Department has well qualified faculty members, having teaching, industrial and vast research experience. In addition to teaching we are conducting our own forms of exciting research, which will lead our faculty and students to innovative across various disciplines of science and engineering. As we continue to advance fundamental knowledge in chemistry and open new perspective in the areas of energy, environment and human health. The Department is actively involved in the research in the field of environment, biosensors, electro analysis and nanomaterials.
Areas of expertise: Neurochemistry, Nanotechnology & Environmental chemistry
Teaching experience: 15 years
Research experience: 03 Years
Date of joining: July 1, 2019
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Rudresh Kumar K.J joined the Department of Engineering Chemistry, RV Institute of
Technology (RVITM) Bengaluru in July 2019. I am working as an Associate Professor and Head. I received my Ph.D. from National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS) Institute of National Importance, Department of Neurochemistry, in the year 2008, and M.Sc. Chemistry from Central College, Bengaluru in 1996.
I have 15 years of teaching, 3 Years of Research and 5 years of Pharm Industrial experience both in Quality control, Metabolomics and Proteomics.
I my self-engaged in Social awareness programme about Environmental pollution and ground water contamination (Nitrate and Fluoride) and research, with various Eminent scientists in the field. Presently I am working on Virtual lab and drug design (Cheminformatics).
Senior Research Fellowship, ICMR, 2006 During Doctoral Programme.
Two PhD students – on Nanomaterial’s preparations and its application in waste water treatment and Biosensors.
Journal of Water and Health published by IWA Publishing Journals in association with WHO
No.of Journals: 05
- Kondapura Jayadevappa Rudresh Kumar, Vijaya Majumdar, Dindagur Nagaraja, Rita Christopher “Relevance of plasma levels of free homocysteine and methionine as risk predictors for ischemic stroke in the young”, Clinical Nutrition, Elsevier science37, Issue5, pp1715-1721, Oct 2018. [IF=5.6] http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.clnu.2017.07.005
- Venkata Pinnelli Bharatkumar, Kondapura Jayadevappa Rudresh Kumar, Dindagur Nagaraja, Rita Christopher “Plasma S-adenosylhomocysteine: A potential risk marker for cerebral venous thrombosis“, Clinica Chimica Acta, Elsevier science 458, pp 44–48, 2016. [ IF=2.6]. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cca.2016.04.024
- Rudresh Kumar K.J, J Renuka Prasad, “Application of Factor Analysis in the Assessment of Ground Water Quality in Bangalore North Taluk“, International Journal of Advanced Research, vol. 3, Issue 5, pp1560-1564,2015. [IF=5.3]
- Rudresh Kumar K. J, J. Renuka Prasad “SEASONAL VARIATION OF NITRATE IN NATURALWATER OF BANGALORE NORTH “, International Journal of Advanced Research, vol. 2, Issue 11, pp.1120-1122,2014. [IF=5.3]
Diwakar, Latha, Rudresh Kumar K.J, Bachnalkar, Arun, Ravindranath, Vijayalakshmi, Rita Christopher, Nagaraja, Dindagur,“The influence of MTR A2756G polymorphism on plasma homocysteine in young South Indians“ Clinica Chimica Acta, Elsevier science. vol.395, pp. 172-174, 2008. [ IF=2.6}. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cca.2008.04.018
Areas of expertise: Electroanalysis, Photoelectrochemistry
Teaching experience: 03 years
Research experience: 11 year
Date of joining: 1 July, 2019
Email ID: email@example.com
Obtained my Ph.D degree under the guidance of Prof. M. Pandurangappa, Department of Chemistry, Bangalore University. Then, joined group of Dr. Ramakrishnappa. T as a research associate in Center for Nano and Material Sciences, Jain University. Later on, I moved to Prof. XiaoQuan Lu’s group in Northwest Normal University, China to pursue my postdoctoral studies for 2 years. I have authored and co-authored 23 research articles in peer reviewed journals such as JPCC, PCCP, Electrochimica Acta, Electroanalysis, Small, Analytical Chemistry etc. and one book chapter.
At Present I’m handling one funded research project as Principle Investigator sponsored
by VTU, Belagavi 2019-2020.
My major research interests include
- Electrochemical investigation of energy materials.
- Investigation of photoinduced charge transfer kinetics at solid – liquid interface using scanning electrochemical microscope (SECM).
- Developing electrochemical sensors for anions, biomolecules using chemically and electrochemically functionalized carbon substrates.
- Senior Research Fellowship from Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), New Delhi, India
- Visiting Fellowship Program 2019-20, ICMS, JNCASR, Bengaluru, India
A project titled “Tailoring of multi-response sensors for environmentally/biologically significant species” is funded by Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belagavi under Teqip 1.3 Competitive Research Funding Scheme during the year 2019-2020.
No.of Conferences: 05
Department of Library and Information Centre
RVITM Library and Information Centre was established in the year 2018. Library aims to provide hybrid collection of resources such as books, print journals, electronic journals and online databases. Library has more than 3600 volumes of books with 600 titles, Library subscribes 24 print International journals. Library subscribes e-journals and e-books through the VTU Consortium. Library has been automated by using LIBSOFT library management software. Latest configured computers provided with high speed internet connectivity aid students learn from the Internet. The Library is managed by the Library Committee
Areas of expertise: Collection Development, Users’ Studies,
Experience: 27 years
Date of joining: July 15, 2019
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
International Journals: 13
International/National Conference: 07
Papers published in International Journals-13
1. Nagaraja, A. ‘Database Coverage of Core Journals in Pharmacy’, PNLA Quarterly (USA) ISSN: 0030-8188,72.2 Winter,2008.
2.Nagaraja,A.,Clauson,K A. ‘Database Coverage and Impact Factor of Open Access Journals in Pharmacy’, Journal of Electronic Resources in Medical Libraries(UK) ISSN 1542-4065 (Print) 1542-4073 (Online), 6:138–145, 2009.
3.Nagaraja,A.,Joseph,S A.,Polen,H H., Clouson,K A. ‘Disappearing act : Persistence and attrition of uniform resource locators (URLs) in an open access medical journal’, Program: electronic library and information systems (UK) ISSN: 0033-0337,Vol. 45, No. 1, 2011,pp. 98-106.
4.Nagaraja,A.,Vasanthakumar,M., Comparison of Web of Science and Scopus Impact Factors of Indian Journals, Library Philosophy and Practice(USA) ISSN 1522-0222,2011.
5.Nagaraja,A., Gangadhar,K C., Vasanthakumar,M. ‘Whether big deals are really big for engineering college libraries? Or is there any need for better model?’ Library Hi Tech (UK) ISSN: 0737-8831,Vol. 29, No. 4, 2011 pp. 741-750.
6.Gangadhar,K C., Ningappa,N., Nagaraja,A. ‘Open access e-resources in engineering and technology’ International Journal of Professional Development(India) ISSN:2277- 517X(Print),2279-0659(Online),Vol.1, No.1 Jan-June 2012.
7.Nagaraja,A., Vasanthakumar,M. ‘Will Open Access Journals Substitute Big-Deal Subscriptions in Engineering College Libraries in India?’ Publicashed in The Electronic Library (UK), ISSN: 0264-0473, Vol. 32 Iss: 6, pp.852 – 863.
8.Waris,Abu.,Vasanthakumar,M.,Nagaraja,A. “Medical Librarianship in India: a Review of Historical Developments and Current Perspectives,” International Journal of Library and Information Studies(India), ISSN: 2231 4911,Vol.3(2),2013,pp.56-66.
9.Nagaraja,A ., Gangadhar,K C. “Challenges and Issues in Improve the Visibility and Impact of Indian Science,Technology and Medicine Journals,”International Journal of Library and Information Studies( India),ISSN: ISSN: 2231-4911,5(1),2015,pp97-102.
Department of Mathematics
The Department of Mathematics is one of the pioneering and the most distinguished departments in R V Institute of Technology and Management, Bengaluru. Applying a multi-disciplinary research and teaching methods, the department strongly believes in finding mathematical solutions for various social-economic, technological and work-related processes and challenges.
The department is aimed at building a strong foundation in the subject and provides fundamental mathematical knowledge and skills, and the basis for more advanced work later on. Thus, the department’s objective is to promote excellence in mathematical education and research well balanced between abstraction and implementation. Besides emphasizing quality research, the department also encourages its students to handle seminars and participate in group discussions and other related activities in their areas of interest.
Areas of expertise: Fuzzy Graphs, Fuzzy Optimization and Linear Algebra
Teaching Experience: 15 years
Research Experience: 08 Years
Date of joining: July 1, 2019
Email ID: email@example.com
Dr. Sivasankar S joined the Mathematics Department of RV Institute of Technology (RVITM) Bengaluru in July 2019, where I am working as an Assistant Professor and Incharge HOD. I received my Ph.D. from the Bharathiar University in 2018; I also hold MBA from Pondicherry University, MPhil and MSc in Mathematics from Bharathiar University. I have fifteen years of teaching and eight years of research experience. I have published 09 articles in reputed international journals and presented 03 articles in reputed international conferences.
My research interest includes theoretical development of fuzzy graphs and intuitionistic fuzzy graphs in addition to that I have developed clustering algorithm for fuzzy and intuitionistic fuzzy graphs. At Present, I am actively involved in the Fuzzy Graphs research problem which aims the development and its applications in network connectivity.
Received Best Paper Award in the International Conference on Mathematical Techniques and Applications (ICMTA-2020), SRM University, Chennai.
No.of Journals: 09
No.of Conferences: 03
- MG Karunambigai, M Akram, S Sivasankar, K Palanivel ,“Balanced Intuitionistic Fuzzy Graph”, Applied Mathematical Sciences Journal (AMS), vol. 7, no.51, pp 2501-2514, 2013.
- MG Karunambigai, S Sivasankar, K Palanivel , Balanced Bipolar Fuzzy Graph” , Journal of Advanced Research in Pure Mathematics , 6, no. 4, pp 58-71, 2014.
- MG Karunambigai, S Sivasankar, K Palanivel,, “Properties of Balanced Intuitionistic Fuzzy Graph”, International Journal of Research in Science, 1, no. 1, pp 01 – 05, 2014.
- MG Karunambigai, S Sivasankar , K Palanivel ,“Some Properties of a Regular intuitionistic fuzzy graphs”, International Journal of Mathematics and Computation,26, no. 4, pp 15 – 24, 2015.
- MG Karunambigai, S Sivasankar , K Palanivel ,“Edge Regular Intuitionistic Fuzzy Graphs”, Advances of Fuzzy sets and system, vol.20, No.1, pp 25 – 46, 2015.
- MG Karunambigai, M Akram, S Sivasankar, K Palanivel, Clustering Algorithm for intuitionistic fuzzy graphs”, International journal of Uncertainty, Fuzziness and Knowledge-Based Systems, vol 25, No.3, pp 367-383, 2017.
- MG Karunambigai, S Sivasankar , K Palanivel ,“Different types of Domination in intuitionistic fuzzy graphs”, Annals of Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol 14, No.1, pp 87-101, 2017.
- MG Karunambigai, S Sivasankar , K Palanivel , “Secure domination in fuzzy graphs and intuitionistic fuzzy graphs”, Annals of Fuzzy Mathematics and Informatics,4, no.1, pp 54-67, 2017.
- MG Karunambigai, S Sivasankar , K Palanivel , “Secure edge domination in intuitionistic fuzzy graphs”, International Journal of Mathematical Archive, 9, no.1,pp 190-196, 2018.
- S, “Dominance in Bipolar Fuzzy Graph” FUZZ- IEEE conference, July 7-10, 2013 Hyderabad.
- S ,“Domination in intuitionistic fuzzy graphs”, International conference on Theoretical Computer Science and Discrete Mathematics, Kalasalingam University, December 19-21, 2016.
- Sivasankar.S ,”Cyclic Symmetry of Riemann Tensor in Fuzzy Graph Theory”, International Conference on Mathematical Techniques and Applications-2020, SRM University, Chennai, Jan 30th -1st Feb 2020.
Areas of expertise: Finite element method, Computational Mathematics, Numerical Analysis, Differential Equations
Teaching experience: 12 years
Research experience: 04 year
Date of joining: 1 July, 2019
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. T. V. Smitha, Assistant Professor of Mathematics department of RV Institute of Technology (RVITM) Bengaluru in July 2019, where I am working as an Assistant Professor. I received my B.Sc. Mathematics from University of Mumbai, M.Sc. Mathematics from IIT Bombay, M. Phil from University of Mumbai and Ph. D. from Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham. I also cleared the CSIR UGC NET in 2004. I have around 12 years of teaching and 4 years of research experiences. Previously I had worked at several reputed colleges in Mumbai, Christ University and Amrita School of Engineering, Bengaluru. My research interest areas include Finite Element Method, Numerical Analysis and Computational Mathematics.
- 5th rank holder in the Entrance Exam for MSc. Mathematics conducted by I.T. Bombay in the year 2001.
- Holder of Merit Scholarship 2002-2003 for M.Sc. in Mathematics I.T. Bombay.
- Amrita University Scholarship 2016-2018 for Ph. D. in Mathematics at Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham.
Received Academic Achiever award for the year 2019-2020 from Rashtreeya Sikshana Samithi Trust (RSST) RV Educational Institutions.
No.of Conferences: 04
- V. Smitha, K. V. Nagaraja, “Application of automated cubic-order mesh generation for efficient energy transfer using parabolic arcs for microwave problems”, Energy, Elsevier, 168 (2019) 1104-1118. (IF=5.537, SCI) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2018.11.138
- V. Smitha, K. V. Nagaraja, J. Sarada, “MATLAB 2D higher-order triangle mesh generator with finite element applications using subparametric transformations”, Advances in Engineering Software, Elsevier, 115 (2018) 327–356. (IF=4.194, SCI) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.advengsoft.2017.10.012
- Supriya Devi, K. V. Nagaraja, V. Smitha, “Accurate higher order automated unstructured triangular meshes for airfoil designs in aerospace applications using parabolic arcs”, Aerospace Science and Technology, Elsevier, 88 (2019), 405-420. (IF=2.829, SCI) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ast.2019.03.034
- V. Smitha, K. V. Nagaraja, “An efficient automated higher-order finite element computation technique using parabolic arcs for planar and multiply-connected Energy problems”, Energy, Elsevier, 183 (2019), 996-1011. (IF=5.537, SCI) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2019.06.187
- V. Smitha, K. V. Nagaraja, J. Sarada, “Automated Mesh Generation Using Curved Cubic Triangular Elements for a Circular Domain with a Finite Element Implementation”, Materials Today: Proceedings, Elsevier, 5 (2018) 25203–25211. (Scopus) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2018.10.322
- V. Smitha and K. V. Nagaraja, “Automated higher-order mesh generation in MATLAB on biomaterials”, IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, vol. 577, no. 1, p. 012130, 2019. (Publisher: IOPscience, Scopus)
- Supriya Devi, K. V. Nagaraja, J. Sarada and V. Smitha (2018). “2D Higher order triangular mesh generation in irregular domain for finite element analysis using MATLAB”, IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, vol. 577, no. 1, p. 012132, 2019. (Publisher: IOPscience, Scopus)
- Padmasudha, T. V. Smitha and K. V. Nagaraja (2019). “Automated high-order curved mesh generator with high-level dynamic programming language Julia for photonic applications”. International Conference on Advances in Materials and Manufacturing Applications (IConAMMA 2019), Bangalore, India, August 29-31, 2019. (Current Status: will be published in IOPscience, Scopus Indexed)
T. V. Smitha and K. V. Nagaraja, “Automated 3D higher-order tetrahedral mesh generator utilizing the subparametric transformations in MATLAB”, International Conference on Advanced Trends in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (ATMA-2019), Bangalore, India, November 07-09, 2019. (Current Status: will be published in AIP Conference Proceedings, Scopus Indexed)